Monday, March 1, 2010

ReStore! The shop that benefits Habitat for Humanity

I have known about this place for a while, but only now started to look at it with more interest.
ReStore is similar to the Salvation Army and Goodwill, only it is for home improvement.

People donate things like kitchen cabinets, refrigerators, dishwashers, toilettes, faucets, doors, etc. so that other people can re-use them in their home remodel. Here is the general webpage: http://www.habitat.org/env/restores.aspx

My local ReStore has a great webpage with pictures of some of their big ticket items - bath tubs, chandeliers, sinks, sinks, sinks. I am SO excited! My house needs a new bath tub (the old one is cracking), and a shower stall (I am upgrading a 1/2 bath to be a 3/4 bath). I need all new faucets too.

Not only will I save a ton of money, but this store keeps these items out of the landfill.
In many cases, the older stuff (i.e. cast iron bath tubs) is better than the new stuff (acrylic bath tubs).

No comments:

Post a Comment