Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What do I need?

To my friends and family:
You, yes you can take part in my household experiment. Here are the rules: if you have any extra items that appear on this list, please donate or sell them to me. You MAY NOT buy anything new or use the donation as an excuse to buy anything new for yourself.


Got it???!

As you identify the extra things you have, please add a comment below this post (so I know what's what). Please hold on to these things until April 5, 2010 - my closing date.


I need a few big things and a zillion little things (this list will likely grow as I realize what I need). As my bachelorette boxes (the ones that have been sitting in the basement for the last 3+ years) are unpacked, I will have a better idea of what I need.
I’m happy to give you a few (or many) bucks if you have these things lying around

Furniture
Couches
Dressers
China Cabinet
Night Stands
Side tables
Bed for guest room (I’ll buy that new if I don’t know where they came from)
Small kids table and little chairs
Bean bag seats
Computer desk
Book shelves
Patio set (table, chairs and umbrella)
A pick up truck to help me get these things from Craig’s List

Yard Stuff
Rake
Shovel
Lawn mower
Snow shovel

Kitchen Stuff
Microwave
Toaster Oven
Coffee Maker or French Press
Sauce Pans
Crock pot
Blender
Pretty much all the kitchen utensils:
Wooden spoons
Spatula
Rubber scraper spatula thing
Tongs
Wisk
Ladle
Kitchen knives
Serving spoons
Mixing bowls
Measuring cups and spoons
Measuring cup for liquids
Coffee scoop
Electric mixer
Dish towels
Loaf pan
Muffin pan
Cake pan
Trivets
Plastic tumblers
Wine glasses

Misc
Bath mats
Curtains
BBQ grill
Telphones/Answering machine (one WITH a cord for power failures)
An iron
Bathroom scale
Drill
Jig saw
Compound Miter Saw (a girl can dream, right?)
Sander

2 comments:

  1. From Wendy...

    Take this stuff offa your list:
    Dressers
    Night Stands
    Side tables
    Computer desk
    Book shelves
    Microwave
    Wooden spoons
    Kitchen knives
    Serving spoons
    Measuring cups and spoons

    I know I have more, too:
    Microwave cart
    hot air popcorn popper
    serving bowls
    casserole dishes
    dishes
    drink glasses
    drop leaf table
    linens
    linens
    linens

    (but you probably already knew that, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my Mum:

    Can't seem to log in and post. So, here's my list so far

    All kinds of Christmas stuff
    Loads of towels
    Curtains
    Plastic Ware table setting for 4
    Toaster Oven - almost new
    Blue Vase
    Mixing Bowl
    Soup Tureen
    Iron


    Who knew I needed a soup tureen??? I guess I do!

    ReplyDelete